Once installed and setup, the AfterPay Payment Integration app will allow users of your site to select and use AfterPay as a payment option in your site checkout. When a user chooses to use AfterPay as their payment for an order, upon completion of checkout, they'll be forwarded (through the app) to AfterPay's payment interface. Following successful payment with AfterPay, the user is sent back to your website for their order receipt and eCom is notified that the order has been paid for.
Follow instructions in Lightspeed eCom to purchase the AfterPay app from the App Marketplace. During install, you'll be forwarded to our app management site to either login to an existing account (if you've purchased a Lightspeed eCom app from us before) OR create a new account with us to install and manage this and any future apps you may purchase from us for Lightspeed eCom.
Once you've created an account or logged into your existing account, the app installs automatically, after which you'll be forwarded to the shops list, which displays a list of Lightspeed eCom shops registered with your account and any apps installed with those shops. To manage this app, click on it's name "AfterPay Payment Gateway" under the appropriate shop. This will take you to the settings form.
Under settings, you can control the following:
- Display - this is the label that will show for this app in the list of payment options in your eCom checkout.
- Active - determines if AfterPay should show in your checkout as a payment option. Check box and save changes to show, uncheck box and save changes to hide.
- Mode - if you want to perform test transactions with AfterPay, set mode to Test. If you want to take real payments, set mode to Live.
- Merchant ID - your account ID from AfterPay.
- Secret Key - your secret key from AfterPay.
- Currency Code - the 3 character ISO 4217 currency code for the base currency being used in your eCom webstore.
- Auto Generate Order - Don't show instructions with 'Create AfterPay Order' button page, just attempt to generate order automatically. Do not use this if also using our Gift Card payment app.
Example "AfterPay Instructions" page, optionally shown to customer before they start generating an order with AfterPay. Uncheck "Auto Generate Order" to display a page like this to your customers.
- Show Instructions to Customer - if you want to display some custom instructions to your customer, uncheck "Auto Generate Order" setting and check this setting. After saving changes, go to the Translations tab and update the text for the "AfterPay Customer Instructions" message.
- Button Text Color - Set the color for text within any buttons that show on app's payment pages.
- Button Background Color - Set the color for the background of any buttons that show on the app's payments pages.
- Icon - Select the icon you'd like to see next to the payment option in your checkout. These icons are limited to these options offered by Lightspeed.
- Logo URL - Provide full (absolute) URL (web address) to the logo you'd like to display on any of this app's payment pages.
- Background Color - Select the background color you'd like for any of this app's payment pages.
- Text Color - Select the text color you'd like to use for any text displayed on this app's payment pages.
- Custom CSS - Only for users with advanced experience working in CSS code. Any CSS provided here will load on any of the app's payment pages. Warning: improper use of this field may cause the app to not function correctly.
If you make any changes to any of these fields, be sure to click "Save Settings" button to save those changes.
If you'd like to change the text that displays on any of the app's pages, click on the "Translations" tab. This will take you to a list of text that you can enter translations for in any of the supported languages. Each piece of text has a default value, but you can override that value by entering your own into the message's translation field. Be sure to click the "Save Changes" button after you enter/change any translations.